Friday, March 23, 2012

Reflection

One of my favorite experiences is my car. My car is my baby. I had difficulty learning how to drive since I had a concussion, but I got drive it more and get a feel for it. One of the best feelings about it is the independence it affords me, but also just driving with the windows down and the stereo on is one of the best memories of summer. Being able to work on something that has significance is important too. I take good care of my car, both in terms of maintenance in looks. I take care of the oil and change the air filters myself, and change other miscellaneous parts such as headlights, spark plugs, etcetera and then wax and buff the finish on the car. After I do this, I wipe down the inside using leather protector and plastic protector, it makes it look much better than it did without the protector. The way the car neatly sparkles in the afternoon sun after its been waxed is a little mesmerizing. So is the shiny hubcaps and the shiny washed tires after I’ve cleaned off the dirt and grime. Despite its small size, it is still my favorite car, much more fun than any suv could ever be. It is my Saab 9-3, it is my baby, it is Trixie. She’s had a few small issues with her computer and she doesn’t always run as smoothly as she did, she’s always reliable and fun to drive. She provides the serenity I need sometimes, and that makes all the difference. She relaxes me, and it’s something I wish I could do all the time. But there is more to life than just sexy cars and fast rides, which is why I wouldn’t want to spend my entire life driving, so I invest my time in other ways. But when I get that independence I enjoy it as much as I can.

1 comment:

  1. It's cool that your passionate about your car. It reminds me of my passion for the first plane I flew. Unfortunately it was taken out of service.

    ReplyDelete