Friday, January 13, 2012

First Blog

 Hi I'm Chris Leonard and I'm an athlete.  I love competition and playing most sports.  In other words, I'm the crazy fan who also plays the sports he watches.  As a little background, I played football and soccer and lacrosse, and also ran cross country and track.  I've also been lifting almost daily since sophomore year, and learned many different types of exercises.  Most exercises are designed to target one specific area of the body or muscle group.  Other exercises are designed to burn calories and elevate blood pressure; these are known as cardiovascular exercise or simply as ‘cardio’.   As a part of these blogs, I’m going to be talking about different types of workouts, and some professional athletes and their workouts.  And since it’s the NFL playoff season, I will discuss some of the teams and their chances to win the Superbowl.  I’m from Pittsburgh, so I was disappointed when Tim Tebow won this weekend.  In their defense, the Steelers played very valiantly despite numerous injuries to their starters.  By the end of the game, the Steelers had three healthy defensive linemen, were missing their starting All-Pro center and had 6 total offensive linemen.  In football, most games are won in the trenches, and they need their linemen.  Ben Roethlisberger played most of the game on one leg, our starting free safety couldn’t play because of anemia, and two of our linebackers had hamstring issues.  To go into Denver and force overtime with that many injuries, I’m happy that they were able to do that, but disappointed that they lost.  The Steelers got “Tebowed” and his legend only seems to grow.  He has led several six 4th quarter and overtime comebacks, more than everyone not named Eli Manning.  He also brought the Broncos into the playoffs after a 1-4 start.  But the purpose of this blog is to talk about fitness and healthy lifestyles, and also about current sport events, such as the Superbowl.  I look forward to discussing more sports-related topics in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Chris, It's really cool that you're into lifting. I've wanted to get into it but haven't had much time and don't know where to start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your first blog. It was interesting to read-even though I hardly know anything about NFL!

    ReplyDelete